Bedrooms I'm Crushing On

August 16, 2011



Confession: I truly believe a can of paint can make all the difference in the world. At our home in Atlanta, I loved the bedroom the most because I could paint it whatever color I wanted. So what did I choose? Dark, inky, midnight navy. And it was gorgeous, my friends. People said I must be crazy (looking at you, mom and dad) to paint something in that shade. People said it would feel like a tomb. Guess what? It didn't. It felt glam but masculine all at once. And for a person that requires complete darkness to sleep like me, it just felt right.

Now that we're here in San Francisco, our landlord won't allow us to paint. Sigh. Something about insurance purposes, having just painted the place. I get it, I do. Painting isn't easy. But it is inexpensive, compared to other interior improvements you could do.

Right now we're stuck sporting a creamy peach-beige tone that I do not love.

I also love nothing more than a good upholstered headboard...see examples 1, 3, and 4. But photo 2 has me thinking a faux canopy, made out of curtain rods mounted to the ceiling, might add some drama that our boring blah paint can't provide.

Do you prefer a particular color or tone for the bedroom? What photos have you itching to do an overhaul on your boudoir?

Sources: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover