HELLO, OCTOBER

October 1, 2012



Can you believe it's October already? I feel like I say this every month, but it seems like the weeks just fly by faster and faster.

Did you have a good weekend?

We took advantage of the rare 80 degree and sunny day in San Francisco and headed over to the San Francisco Zoo. Since the weather was gorgeous, almost all of the animals were out and playing. I tend to favor the "cuddly" things that look really cute, even if they are ferocious. The grizzly bears were swimming and the snow leopard came and posed for us in the tree. This was our first visit to the zoo, and what I loved most is that at each exhibit there are thick walls where you can still see the animal without the visual distraction of chain link fencing.

I spent Sunday evening roasting a big batch of tomatoes and onions to make roasted tomato soup from The Sprouted Kitchen cookbook. I purchased a massive amount of books off of Amazon last month, and Sara Forte's cookbook is already in heavy rotation. Why yes, that is a piece of cheesy (gluten free) toast floating in the soup, per her suggestion.


What did you do this weekend? What are you most looking forward to this month?


IN CASE YOU MISSED IT


Strategic purchases help maximize your closet.

Thought I'm not usually a video person, I can't stop watching Marie Forleo. My mind is full of ideas!

Since it's fall weather all year long here, I tend to save all of my clothing budget for September-December. Here's what I've added to my arsenal this month.

Knocked two items off of my 30 Before 30 list.

I love anything with elephants, of course I had to get this.

I shared my fall favorites over at Elembee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover