Product Reviw : NuGo Slim

November 21, 2011


I am, for the most part, a fairly level headed & calm person. However, my family jokes that there are three things that turn me in to...well...let's just say "not so nice Lauren." I'm sure they could offer a much more colorful and accurate description of this "other" Lauren, but we won't go into that here. At the top of that list? HUNGER.

Who likes being hungry? Not me. It's super hard to get full on a gluten free diet. If you're gluten free, you can relate. If you're not, well, cut out all carbs from your diet and call me in a day and see if you're in a happy place. Most likely, you're not. And I'm not either. No one likes a jerk, so what can you do?

Protein to the rescue!!

Getting a large amount of protein is crucial to making sure I stay full from a meal. And since I'm not a breakfast person, I frequently turn to some sort of bar to make sure I function that day. Most of them leave my tummy rumbling out of hunger by 9:30 AM. Not so with the NuGo Slim bar. 

I was excited when NuGo offered me samples of these bars because I'm a big fan of their Trail Mix bar, both filling and certified gluten free. But this bar packs a whopping 15 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber. Hungry girl no more. Better yet, it's coated in real antioxidant packed dark chocolate but contains only 2 grams of sugar. I sampled all three flavors and you really can't go wrong here, but my favorite was the Roasted Peanut. Who doesn't love chocolate + peanut butter? The taste is just like a nice organic candy bar without all that cardboard texture like most protein bars have. You'll actually find yourself craving these.

As recommended in my gluten free travel tips post, gluten free bars are a great way to make sure you have something to eat if you find yourself stuck with zero safe options. I like to pack a couple in my bag for air travel too, that way when the flight attendants are passing out pretzels, I don't feel left out.

Think this post sounds like an infommercial? I only post product reviews for companies and products that I love. While I am not paid for these posts, I am often provided free samples or products to review. But you'll never find me writing about one I don't like. If you have any questions about reviews you see on this blog, feel free to drop me a line at hello<at>seventeenthandirving<dot>com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover