Restaurant Review : Paprika Cafe in Monterey, CA

September 14, 2011

As I mentioned in this post, we hopped in our car and headed down Highway 1 to Carmel Valley for Labor Day weekend. I did a bit of research before our trip for potential restaurants and stops, and found what looked to be an excellent gluten free option in Monterey, CA called Paprika Cafe. I adore any Mediterranean influenced meal. Something about the cuisine makes my taste buds sing. The food is light, delicious, yet satisfying.

We entered the tiny cafe and Christophe, the owner, warmly greeted us. Christophe is not just the owner - he's the waiter, the chef, the busy boy, and the cashier. He welcomed us as if we were guests in his home. When I told him of my dietary restrictions, he smiled and said he could absolutely take care of me - that I could have any of the vegetarian or meat platters, but that he would switch the pita bread with some warmed corn tortillas and the tabouleh with a spinach salad. How nice to have someone who immediately understands and also has thought ahead about substitutions so you can still enjoy a full meal! I chose the garlic chicken based on the Yelp reviews and my word, I was not disappointed. Behold...

Paprika Cafe is located at 309 Lighthouse Avenue / Monterey, CA 93940 / (831) 375-7452

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover