A WELL ROUNDED WARDROBE

November 13, 2012






































I'm in the process of creating a list of wardrobe staples that I feel every girl should have in her closet. These aren't trendy items or things to skimp on - these are things you'll wear again and again, season after season. When looking to invest a bit of money, closet staples are the place to do it.

I can remember when I bought my very first "grown up" handbag. I used a commission check from a big project to fund my purchase, and the moment my gorgeous black leather Cole Haan bag entered my life, I thought I had officially arrived. While that sentiment is probably a little exaggerated, that bag has proved to be one of the smartest things I spent money on. Four years later, I still carry it. It still looks incredible. It has more than paid for itself in cost per wear, as cheaper bags have fallen apart or been donated to Goodwill.

For your investment bag, I recommend choosing a neutral color that goes with everything in your closet. But that doesn't have to mean black or brown. I love the "in-betweens," like the rich tan Cole Haan or Coach tote, or this olive leather beauty.

Pick something with structure, something with tasteful hardware, and light on the logos to keep it timeless.

Have you purchased a timeless, well-made bag? What features did you look for? I would love to hear what you chose in the comments.


TOP  ||  Tory Burch Priscilla  |  Cole Haan Zoe
MIDDLE  ||  Etienne Aigner Epic Large  |  3.1 Phillip Lim 31 Hour Bag
BOTTOM  ||  Coach Legacy Rory  |  Tory Burch 797 Medium

1 Comments:

  1. I just picked up a B. Makowsky and I am in love with it. The first bag that I ever picked up that cost more than 20 dollars and it is SO worth every penny. I love the Coach bag up top.

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover