IF YOU'RE GOING TO CHARLOTTESVILLE

October 10, 2012



I'm really excited to introduce a new feature to you today! Since "Travel Light - 2 Weeks In A Carryon" was such a hit, and, as a result, I'm constantly getting emails about what to pack for specific locations - Europe, Austin, San Francisco, even places I've never been - I thought it would be fun to start a "Visit Here // Pack This" monthly feature. Each month, we'll be spotlighting a new location, with must see's and do's, and an ideal wardrobe to pack.

What I'm even more excited about is introducing you to the regular writer of this series, Brookelyn from Best of Bklyn. We found each other through The Average Girl's Guide, and were fast collaborators. I love her aesthetic, and I just know you will too.





Hi everyone! I'm Brookelyn, I usually blog at Best of Bklyn and I'm so excited to be contributing to Seventeenth & Irving! Lauren has graciously allowed me to kick off a new series today, called Visit Here, Pack This! I've always loved traveling, and I always try to plan ahead when visiting a new destination so I'm prepared with occasion appropriate attire. 

For my first post, I thought I'd give you a little glimpse of my current hometown - Charlottesville, Virginia. Charlottesville is a charming college town that is home to the University of Virginia, loads of local wineries, and historical sites like Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home. It's about two hours away from Washington, DC, and an hour away from Richmond, which makes it the perfect destination for a weekend getaway. Since Charlottesville is a college town, it's not a super dressy place, so pack accordingly! Here's what I'd put in my suitcase if I visited Charlottesville for the weekend.





//  FOR DAY  // 

Gap Sweater Cape  |  Victoria Beckham Jeans  |  Equipment Blouse  |  3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Tote  |  Gold Bullet Bib Necklace  |  Frye Lindsay Plate Boots

//  FOR NIGHT  // 

Levi's Vintage Leather Jacket  |  J.Crew Striped Dress  |  J.Crew Wedge Booties  |  J.Crew Tights (not pictured, but it gets chilly at night in the fall!)   |  Gold Bullet Bib Necklace 

//  PACK IT IN  //

Lo & Sons Overnight Bag 



If you're not gluten-free, grab a bagel and coffee for breakfast at Bodo's Bagels. Spend your morning taking a tour of Thomas Jefferson's home and gardens at Monticello. Visit a couple of our local wineries - King Family Vineyard and Afton Mountain are my favorites. Do some shopping on the historic Downtown Mall. Start your evening with a drink on the roof of Commonwealth at Skybar. Eat dinner at C&O or The Local.


1 Comments:

  1. I'd love it if you did one for Alexandria, VA! It's not DC, it's not really a suburb... it's just a chic little City outside of the big dark DC. But the style is so unique, and the weather can be too! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover