TIMELESS

July 30, 2012



I recently stumbled across these photos of Grace Kelly taken by Howell Conant. Don't they look like something taken just days ago? If it weren't for her instantly recognizable face, the location, the coloring, and the fashion all look...timeless.

I've been a bit introspective the last couple of weeks. First, I went on a bit of digital vacation for a week while on my beach vacation (you'll get to read more about that on Thursday). Then, I spent a week in Atlanta for business, surrounded by good friends and family. To top it off, I'm turning 29 this Thursday, which means my 30's are nearly here.

All of this has me thinking, thinking, and thinking.

Am I who I wanted to be when I grew up? Am I actually grown up? Still growing up?

Am I happy? (I believe this is the one that's easiest for me to answer, with an enthusiastic heck-freaking-yeah.)

Am I making an impact on the world, or at the very least, my corner of it?

If my early twenties were defined by bad health, disappointment, and heartbreak, I'm very lucky to say that my late twenties have been anything but. Sure, there are rough days. But overwhelmingly, things have been positive. And as I enter the last year of them, I want to amp it up.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my 30 before 30 list, which I'll reveal on my big day, but I printed these photos and posted them on my wall as a reminder that a major goal of mine is to be timeless. Whether it's my style, good social manners, or projects I choose to get involved in, I want to look back on my life and have no regrets. I'll keep on writing handwritten thank you notes. I'll choose the investment coat over the trendy throw away. I'll pick causes I believe in and devote myself to them.

What do you think? Is it possible in this fast fashion, constantly connected by social media, each person busier than the next world to be timeless? How do you define it, and more importantly, how do you get there?


IMAGES | HOWELL CONANT VIA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover