TUNES FOR TUESDAY

April 10, 2012




Ever have one of those albums you just can't stop repeating? My current obsession is "Boys & Girls" by Alabama Shakes. About a week ago, I heard "Hold On" playing on KFOG and rushed to my computer when I got home to hear more. At that point, that was the only song available on Spotify or iTunes. Womp womp. I played it approximately 800 times until the entire album showed up on NPR's First Listen. Since then, I've played the entire album approximately 800 more times. This is an album to get lost in. It's soulful, fun, and a little vintage. I'm calling it blues-y Southern rock. Intriguing beginning to end. If you're a fan of Kings of Leon, Drive By Truckers, or Black Keys, you're sure to be a fan of this.

What are you listening to these days on constant repeat?

Boys & Girls is currently available on iTunes and was released in stores today.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover