TODAY'S MANTRA

March 5, 2012


Sorry for the silence last week, friends. I got glutened at a local restaurant on Sunday and it took me the majority of last week to recover. I went from feeling vibrant and healthy with more energy than I've had in years to feeling lethargic and drained. It takes an extreme amount of effort to complete even the smallest of tasks and unfortunately writing does not come easily on those days. I'm feeling much better this week.

Yesterday we had incredible weather in San Francisco, in the upper 70s with abundant sunshine. We took advantage of it by hiking Mount Tam, just north of the city. If you're ever visiting the Bay Area, it's a must see. The views are incredible, with the Pacific to the West, rolling hills below, San Francisco to the South, and Sausalito to the East. You can see the Bay Bridge, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and most of San Francisco. 

I was reminded of this quote when hiking yesterday. I really thought I had hit rock bottom right before I was diagnosed with Celiac....I was feeling terrible and nothing was going right in my life, professionally or personally. And with my diagnosis, things started turning around. They've kept turning around ever since. While I won't admit to being in a perfect place - no one is - I feel better than I've ever felt. I can honestly say that time in my life was a blessing, because it makes me even more thankful for what I have today. Have you ever had a time in your life when you felt similar?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover