Product Review : Cruncha ma-me Edamame Snack

August 31, 2011

Cruncha ma-me was kind enough to provide me samples to review their new, gluten free edamame snacks. I tried two varieties, the Lightly Seasoned above, and the Veggie Medley.

The Veggie Medley is a mix of freeze dried edamame, corn, and green peppers. I didn't particularly care for this blend, mainly because the green pepper flavor was overwhelming. I like green peppers, but I feel they tend to take over the other flavors and that becomes all I can taste. While I didn't care for this blend, those who enjoy a green pepper flavor will really enjoy this blend.

The Lightly Seasoned variety was my favorite. The 20g bag they sent me is only 90 calories and has 8 grams of protein, the same as an egg. It was pretty filling for a snack that felt so light. The edamame flavor is strong, and is enhanced by sea salt. If you're craving a salty snack, this is a good product for those with multiple allergies since it's vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and nut free. And since Cruncha ma-me is produced in a facility free of nuts, dairy, wheat, and gluten, you don't have to worry about cross contamination issues.

Cruncha ma-me is produced by Greenwave Foods, based in Berkeley, CA, and is currently available online at www.crunchamame.com. At less than $2 per snack bag, it makes a handy snack to keep in the car or your bag should you find yourself somewhere without gluten free options.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover